" />

Professional Confessional

A blog providing tips and resources for life after college

Diary of an Intern – Introducing Our Student Contributors

Welcome to our Diary of an Intern’s student contributors!  Our Diary of an Intern series will feature student interns sharing their internship experiences this summer.  They will be working and developing skills in a variety of industries.  Follow them on their journey of discovering the world of work, skill development, and the lessons learned in the process.

Let’s discover who they are, where they will be interning, why, and what they hope to gain from the experience.

Zach GarbisoHello!  My name is Zach Garbiso and I am a rising Senior from Colorado majoring in Psychology and double minoring in English and Spanish.  This summer, I have a fantastic opportunity interning for Condé Nast in New York City.  I will be placed in the Editorial department for Details magazine and therefore will be working with an Editorial Assistant, completing whatever task he asks me to.  As an Editorial Intern, I am excited to expand my knowledge of the production aspects that go into creating a magazine.  I am currently the Editor-in-Chief of the Howler, Wake’s yearbook, and ever since I became the Editor-in-Chief, I’ve dreamt of going into the magazine industry.  I am very excited to work with the Office of Personal and Career Development and to share my experiences with everyone who reads the blog.  Thank you!

~ Zach Garbiso, ‘14 – Psychology major and English and Spanish minors

Editorial Intern at Details magazine in NYC

Hello, Lauramy name is Laura Jurotich, and I am a rising Junior from Birmingham, Alabama double majoring in History and Art History.  I am so excited to be an intern in the Marketing and Public Relations department this summer at the High Museum of Art this summer in Atlanta, Georgia!  I am thrilled to have this opportunity because I am hoping to have a career working in Public Relations in the arts field.  I loved my internship last summer in the Marketing and Communications department at the Birmingham Museum of Art in Birmingham, Alabama, so I am interested to see how this experience will compare.  I will be assisting with creating, promoting, and evaluating HMA marketing initiatives, as well as assisting the marketing department in promoting Museum events and programs and other duties.  I cannot wait to share my experiences with you on this blog!

~Laura Jurotich, ‘15 – History and Art History major

Marketing and Public Relations Intern at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta