Professional Confessional

A blog providing tips and resources for life after college

Diary of an Intern: Introducing a New Student Contributor

I am excited to introduce a new Diary of an Intern student contributor joining us the latter half of the summer!  Follow her on her journey of discovering the world of work, skill development, and the lessons learned in the process.

Let’s discover who she is, where she will be interning, why, and what she hopes to gain from the experience.

RachelHello, my name is Rachel Lord and I am a rising senior at Wake Forest majoring in Politics and International Affairs with minors in History and Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise.

I am originally from Boston but have been given the exciting opportunity to spend my summer interning for Senator Richard Burr on Capitol Hill. I have heard numerous positive comments about his office and I cannot wait to start!

After spending a semester with the WAKE Washington Program this past spring, I realized how much I love living and working in D.C. I am excited to expand my knowledge of the public sector with this internship after spending my semester interning for The Abraham Group LLC, an international consulting firm focused on energy. I have seen how policy affects private business and I look forward to gaining a new perspective from policymakers. I am thankful for the opportunity to share my experiences and hope you enjoy the blog!

The opinions expressed by this blog are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Senator Richard Burr or any employee thereof. The office of Senator Burr is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information posted.

~Rachel Lord, ’13 – Politics and International Affairs Major and History and Entrepreneurship Minors

Intern at the office of Senator Richard Burr