Do you know which direction bread, butter, and salad dressing should be passed? How about where you should place your napkin when you’re done eating?
Don’t rely on Google to answer these questions, come to Dining Etiquette 101, on Feb. 25 at 5:45pm, to ensure you are prepared for your next formal dining experience. During this hands-on workshop, you won’t only get a great meal, but learn how a BMW will help your dining etiquette and why working from the outside in doesn’t only apply to eating your food.
Now let’s finish testing your dining etiquette knowledge:
- Which direction should bread, butter and salad dressing be passed?
- Counter clockwise
- Directly to that person
- Doesn’t matter
- Where should you place your napkin when you are finished with your meal?
- Always in your lap
- To the left of your plate
- To the right of your plate
- On top of your plate
- Used silverware should not be placed on the table.
- The water glass you drink from is to your left.
- What should be done with your utensils when you finish eating?
- Wrap them in your napkin
- Place them on your plate
- Place them on the table
- Hand them to your server
Register for Dining Etiquette 101 on Handshake! A gold swipe is required. Don’t miss this interactive workshop on Thursday, Feb. 25 in the Magnolia Room, from 5:45pm – 7:30pm.
Answers: 1. B, 2. C, 3. A, 4. B, 5. B
BMW= Bread. Meal. Water (bread/butter on the left, meal in the middle, water on the right), Working from the outside in (Use utensils starting from the outermost left and right, example salad fork is the outermost left)